Aggressive Pursuit Of Compensation For Victims Of Drunk Driving Accidents
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and many other safety organizations, intoxicated drivers cause a significant portion of all car accidents in the country.
Yet despite the clear recklessness – not to mention the illegality – of drunk driving, there are no New York liability laws that state a drunk driver is automatically liable for an accident in which they are involved. People struck by intoxicated motorists still need to go through the motions of proving they are not liable and must pursue compensation on their own, even if the drunk driver is convicted of driving under the influence (DUI).
Were you struck by a drunk driver in New York? Our Fishkill personal injury attorney, Michael A. Fakhoury, can provide the insightful and compassionate legal representation you expect and deserve in such a difficult time.
Experience Matters In Drunk Driver Cases
A few reasons why people throughout Fishkill turn to attorney Fakhoury for help:
- He has nearly 20 years of legal experience.
- He has a 10.0 “Superb” Avvo rating for skills and ethics.
- He has won several Avvo Client’s Choice awards.
- He has managed thousands of car accident cases throughout the years.
Let’s start working on your case today. Contact our firm for a free consultation.
Important Evidence In A Drunk Driving Claim
When you claim that the driver that hit you was intoxicated at the time of the accident, you will be making quite an accusation. If you want it to actually mean something to insurance companies, you must back that
statement with serious evidence. Our Fishkill car accident attorney knows what sort of evidence is beneficial in drunk driving accident cases and how to apply it correctly to your case. You just focus on recuperation and rest while our legal professionals do the legwork and heavy lifting.
Pieces of evidence we can use to bolster your drunk driving claim include:
- Police report: After any accident that causes damage or injury, you should call the police to help control traffic at the scene. This step is especially important if you think the other driver is drunk, as only the police can legally remove them from the road. Be sure to get a copy of any reports the police make after arriving to your car accident site.
- BAC record: If the police arrest the other driver in your car accident, a chemical test will likely be conducted back at the police station to determine that driver’s blood alcohol content (BAC) level. The results of that test might be the single most important piece of evidence for your own claim, as it can definitively tell a judge or jury just how intoxicated and reckless that driver was at the time of your crash.
- Eyewitness statements: Other drivers on the road that saw your accident might be able to help your claim by describing what they saw. Ask any Good Samaritans who stopped after you were struck if they witnessed the drunk driver swerving, speeding or driving through a red light.
We Fight to Make Things Right – Call 845-846-8262
Being struck by an intoxicated motorist can be a harrowing, confusing experience. When you need someone to depend on to help you seek fair compensation for your damages, Michael A. Fakhoury, Esq., P.C., and our Fishkill car accident lawyer is here to provide genuine, caring, and highly-experienced counsel and representation. As proud members of our community, we tenaciously fight for the rights of clients hurt by drunk drivers; we see it as our duty to help protect our families, friends, and neighbors by ensuring those who commit this dangerous act are held accountable for their wrongdoing.
Hear It From Our Satisfied Clients!
5 / 5 stars
Contact us as soon as you can to set up a free case evaluation.